Jan. 13, 2011
- Freshman wing Allen Crabbe scored a career-high 30 points, most by a Cal player this season. He is the first Cal freshman to score at least 30 since Shareef Abdur-Rahim did so four times during the 1995-96 season. Harper Kamp had the previous Cal high this year when he poured in 25 points vs. New Mexico on Nov. 20.
- Crabbe's previous best was 17, a total he had hit three times previously - vs. Hartford Dec. 28, at Arizona Jan. 6 and at Arizona State Jan. 8. Against WSU, he reached the 17-point level when he made the second of two free throws with 3:37 left in the first half. Crabbe ended the half sinking 6-of-8 from the floor, including 4-for-5 from three-point range. For the game, he was 10-fo-15 from the floor and 4-of-6 from three-point range.
- After trailing 7-2 just 2:14 into the game, Cal outscored WSU, 19-4, to forge a 21-11 lead with 10:54 left in the first half. Harper Kamp led the Bears with 8 points during the run.
- Cal led, 42-32, at the half, the most points the Bears have scored in a first half this year.
- Klay Thompson's 36 points were the most by a Cal opponent in a game this year, surpassing the 31 scored by Arizona's Derrick Williams last Thursday. The last time a Cal opponent scored more vs. the Bears was when Arizona State's Eddie House tallied 61 in a 111-108 win on Jan. 8, 2000.
- Markhuri Sanders-Frison finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds - his fifth double-double of the year.
- Cal shot 5-of-11 from three-point range and is now 16-for-35 over the past 3 games (45.7%).
- Cal has won 5 in a row over WSU and leads the all-time series, 73-45.
- Cal picked up its first overtime win since defeating USC, 81-78, on Feb. 26, 2009.