Cal-Oregon State Postgame Notes
Oct. 13, 2007
#2 Cal vs. Oregon State
- Oregon State has won four straight games in Memorial Stadium.
- Cal had its 10 game home winning streak snapped today [the last team to break Cal's 10 game home wins streak was Oregon State on Oct. 15, 2005].
- The Oregon State game attendance of 63,995 marked the 22nd straight game with over 50,000 fans at Memorial Stadium - that streak includes every home game in the last four years.
- Redshirt freshman Kevin Riley earned his first career start today [filling in for an in injured Nate Longshore; Riley is from Portland, Ore.] ... Riley threw his first career touchdown pass in the second quarter to Lavelle Hawkins and rushed for his first career touchdown in the second stanza.
- Brandon Hampton forced fumble on Oregon State's first drive of the game [Zack Follett recovery] ... It was Hampton's first career forced fumble ... Cal's defense has now forced and recovered a fumble in all six games this season.
- Andrew Larson had a career-long 73-yard long punt in the second quarter - fifth-longest punt in school history ... Larson had four punts for an average of 55.8 yards per punt in today's game, breaking the all-time Cal record for highest punt average in a game [55.6 Scott Tabor vs. USC on Sept. 26, 1987].
- Robert Jordan tied a school-record with his 36th straight game with a reception in the first quarter.
- Lavelle Hawkins snared a career-long 64-yard touchdown pass late in the fourth quarter, marking his 10th career touchdown reception ... he also had a 10-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter ... it is the first time Hawkins has scored multiple touchdowns in the same game ... he has now scored a touchdown seven times in his last nine games ... Hawkins had 192 yards receiving on nine catches in today's game - sixth-most receiving in school history ... it was his third career 100+ yard receiving game ... his nine receptions now give him 100 for his career.
- Justin Forsett became the first running back this season to tally 100 yards against the best rush defense in the nation [in fact no one had more than 91 yards rushing on the Beavers heading into this contest] ... Forsett accounted for 124 yards [all by rush] of Cal's 230 offensive yards in the first half ... Forsett has 11 100-yard rushing efforts in his career ... Forsett scored his tenth rushing touchdown of the season - it was the seventh game in a row [dating back to last season] that he has had a rushing touchdown ... Forsett now has seven career games with 150+ yards.
- Craig Stevens had a season-long 23-yard reception in the third quarter.