Dec. 8, 2010
- Markhuri Sanders-Frison grabbed his career-high-tying 10th rebound in the opening minute of the second half. He finished with 12 boards on the night, including 5 offensive.
- Jorge Gutierrez finished with 19 points, shooting 5-of-8 from the floor and 9-for-9 from the line. He just missed his career high of 20 points set vs. New Mexico on Nov. 20.
- Cal outrebounded San Diego State, 36-26, the sixth time in eight games the Bears have won the battle on the boards.
- With the loss, Cal had its 22-game non-conference home winning streak snapped.
- Cal's series with San Diego State is now tied at 4-4.
- Despite shooting just 24.1 percent from the field in the first half (7-29), Cal trailed by only a 28-26 score. The Bears outrebounded the Aztecs, 29-19, in the opening 20 minutes and were 12-for-16 at the line, compared to SDSU, which was 2-for-4 from the stripe.
- At No. 14 in this week's AP poll, San Diego State is the highest ranked team to play the Bears in Berkeley since No. 14 Arizona State on Jan. 4, 2009 (Cal won, 81-71).
- San Diego State is the highest-ranked non-conference team to play in Berkeley since No. 10 USF defeated Cal, 93-70, on Dec. 3, 1976.
- Among those in attendance at tonight's game were former Golden Bears Michael "Yogi" Stewart, Kevin Johnson and Shareef Abdur-Rahim.