California-Cal State Bakersfield Postgame Notes
With the win, Cal improved to 5-0 in season openers under head coach Mike Montgomery. The Bears also improved to 30-3 in nonconference home games under Montgomery. With his 27 points, Allen Crabbe rea
By Cal Athletics on Sun, November 11, 2012
Nov. 11, 2012
- With the win, Cal improved to 5-0 in season openers under head coach Mike Montgomery.
- The Bears also improved to 30-3 in nonconference home games under Montgomery.
- With his 27 points, Allen Crabbe reached 20 points for the 14th time in his career. His total was his highest since also scoring 27 in overtime vs. Arizona on Feb. 11, 2011. Crabbe, who had 20 points at halftime, was 11-of-17 from the floor, including 4-of-5 on three-pointers.
- Crabbe's four three-pointers give him 149 for his career, which ranks No. 9 on Cal's all-time list. Next up is Randy Duck (1994-97), who made 153 from beyond the arc.
- Justin Cobbs finished with 22 points, his highest total since pouring in a career-high 28 vs. Oregon on Feb. 16, 2012 - a span of eight games.
- Crabbe (27 points) and Cobbs (22 points) gave the Bears two 20-point scorers for the first time since Cobbs (career-high 28) and Harper Kamp (20) performed the feat vs. Oregon on Feb. 16, 2012.
- The first Cal freshman to make an appearance was Tyrone Wallace, whose hometown is Bakersfield and graduated from Bakersfield HS. He entered the game at the 14:07 mark of the first half.
- After CSUB made a bucket to get within 9-6, the Bears went on a 27-7 run to open a 36-13 advantage with 6:59 remaining in the half. Cal led, 45-28, at the break, shooting 56.7% from the field (17-30) during the opening 20 minutes. Allen Crabbe (20) and Justin Cobbs (14) paced the offensive attack.