Postgame Notes: California at Oregon State
Senior G Jorge Gutierrez became the 40th player in Cal history reach the 1,000-point milestone. With a season-high matching 26 points, he now has 1,023 career points, and ranks 39th among Cal¿s all-ti
By Cal Athletics on Thu, January 05, 2012
Jan. 5, 2012
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez became the 40th player in Cal history reach the 1,000-point milestone. With a season-high matching 26 points, he now has 1,023 career points, and ranks 39th among Cal’s all-time career leaders.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez’s two steals moved him into a 10th-place tie with Keith Smith (1987-90) on Cal’s all-time career steals ladder with 129.
- Tonight’s game was the first time this season that California went into the half, tied, with its opponent (38-all).
- Cal had its six-game conference winning streak snapped which dated back to Feb. 20, 2011, when the Bears beat UCLA, 76-72, in overtime, at Haas Pavilion.
- Cal is 2-2 in conference road openers under head coach Mike Montgomery, and is 4-6 in its last ten conference road openers.
- Sophomore F Richard Solomon played in his first game since Cal’s 77-57 win against Weber State on Dec. 16, 2011. He tallied five points, one rebound, and one steal in 11 minutes of action.
- The Bears tied their season high for points with 85 in the losing effort. Cal also scored 85 points in an 85-69 victory over UCLA on Dec. 31, 2011.