Postgame Notes: California-Stanford
Cal has won 17 consecutive games in Haas Pavilion, dating back to a 76-72 victory over UCLA on Feb. 20, 2011. The streak ties for the third-longest in school. Cal won 17 straight in Berkeley from Feb.
By Cal Athletics on Sun, January 29, 2012
Jan. 29, 2012
- Cal improved to 14-0 in Haas Pavilion this season.
- Cal has won 17 consecutive games in Haas Pavilion, dating back to a 76-72 victory over UCLA on Feb. 20, 2011. The streak ties for the third-longest in school. Cal won 17 straight in Berkeley from Feb. 2, 2002 through Feb. 15, 2003.
- With today's win, Cal has defeated Stanford four straight years at home. The last time Cal had a four-game home winning streak over Stanford was when the Bears took five in a row from 1968-72.
- Stanford shot 38.5% from the floor to become the 12th Cal opponent to make less than 40 percent of its attempts this year.
- Jorge Gutierrez finished with a career-high 12 rebounds. He had nine boards vs. UC Irvine earlier this year. Together with his 11 points, he posted his second career double-double. He also had 16 points and 11 assists vs. Oregon State last season.
- Allen Crabbe finished with 18 points, his highest total since pouring in 26 at Oregon Jan. 8.
- Cal had its first sellout in Haas Pavilion this season with a crowd of 11,877. The Bears' last sellout was on Feb. 27, 2010, when Cal defeated Arizona State, 62-46, to clinch at least a share of the 2010 Pac-10 title.
- The Bears held Stanford without a field goal from the 9:45 mark of the first half until 3:23 remained in the period (6:22 elapsed time).
- Cal missed its first seven shots from the field before Jorge Gutierrez sank a 10-footer 3:36 into the game. The Bears proceeded to make 11 of their next 22 to finish the first half at 40.0% (12-30).
- As part of the American Cancer Society's Coaches vs. Cancer Suits and Sneakers Weekend, coaches for both teams wore sneakers and the Bears sported pink shoes. Cal's team managers also wore pink bowties.