Nov. 10, 2007
Cal-USC Game Notes
- Cal's game attendance of 72,516 vs. the Trojans was just the seventh non Big Game sellout in the last 51 years ... this was the 13th game of 60,000+ fans under Cal head coach Jeff Tedford; Cal had nine 60,000+ games in the 12 years prior to Tedford's arrival ... this was also the eighth sellout crowd in the Tedford era ... in six home games this season Cal averaged 63,136 fans.
- Robert Jordan - 39th straight game with a catch after his 16-yard reception in the first quarter.
- Justin Forsett's rushing touchdown in the first quarter gave him 13 for the season, fourth-most for a single-season in program history ... Forsett now has seven 100-yard rushing game this season and 13 100-yard rushing games in his career ... he had a season-high 164 yards rushing.
- Syd'Quan Thompson recorded his team-leading tenth pass break up in the second quarter.
- Thomas DeCoud forced a fumble (Chris Conte - first career fumble recovery) in the third quarter on USC's opening drive to begin the second half ... Cal's defense has forced and recovered a fumble in nine of 10 games this season ... Cal recovered its second fumble of the evening, courtesy of a fumbled snap by John David Booty, in the fourth quarter (Alualu).
- Tyson Alualu recorded his first pass break up of the season in the third quarter.
- Lavelle Hawkins snared his fifth receiving touchdown of the season in the third quarter.
- This was the first time since 2003 that a player had 200+ yards rushing against Cal.
This is USC's first rain game since the 2004 Notre Dame game ... entering today's game, USC's record in the rain is 20-21-3, now 21-21-3
This is the second game of 2007 that USC has faced an opponent wearing throwback jerseys (also at Notre Dame)
Chauncey Washington had his fourth career 100-yard rushing game (second of 2007). It also was a career-high (previous was 119 vs. Oregon in 2006). It was the most yards by a Trojan since Reggie Bush's 260 vs. UCLA in 2005