Postgame Notes: California-Colorado
Cal improved to 12-0 in Haas Pavilion this year. The last time the Bears won 12 in a row in Berkeley was at the start of the 2002-03 season. Cal has won 15 consecutive games in Haas Pavilion, dating b
By Cal Athletics on Thu, January 12, 2012
Jan. 12, 2012
- Cal improved to 12-0 in Haas Pavilion this year. The last time the Bears won 12 in a row in Berkeley was at the start of the 2002-03 season.
- Cal has won 15 consecutive games in Haas Pavilion, dating back to a 76-72 victory over UCLA on Feb. 20, 2011.
- Colorado shot 31.9 percent from the floor - the 10th Cal opponent to shoot under 40 percent, this year.
- Harper Kamp finished with 14 points, his most since a 16-point outing against Georgia on Nov. 21, 2011.
- Justin Cobbs (12), Jorge Gutierrez (5) and Allen Crabbe (9) combined for 26 points to match their lowest combined total, in a game, this season. They also had 26 points in a win over Austin Peay - Cobbs (7), Gutierrez (14) and Crabbe (5).
- Cal trailed, 29-22, at the half; the first time, this year, the Bears were behind at the break in a home game.
- Cal's 22 points in the first half tied for the lowest one-half output in a game this season. The Bears also totaled 22 points in the second half of a 53-49 win over USC on Dec. 29, 2011.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez came into tonight's game shooting 50.9 percent from the floor in Pac-12 games. However, he finished 2-for-17 against the Buffaloes. Still, with 5 points, he moved up to 34th on Cal's career scoring list, now with 1,045 points.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez had one steal to move into a seventh-place tie with Chris Washington (1984-87) for career steals, at Cal, with 132. He needs one more steal to move into a sixth-place tie with Gene Ransom (1976-78).