Sept. 22, 2007
#6/8 Cal (4-0, 1-0) vs. Arizona (1-3, 0-1) Memorial Stadium Game Notes
- The Arizona game attendance of 56,021 marked the 21st straight game with over 50,000 fans at Memorial Stadium - that streak includes every home game in the last four years.
- Cal has now won five straight Pac-10 openers [Arizona State in '06; Washington in '05; Oregon State in '04; and USC in `03].
- This was Cal's 21st win in its last 23 games at home [tenth straight home win]
- This was Cal's 14th game with over 40 points in its last 23 home games ... Cal has scored 40 or more points 28 times since 2002, including nine of its last 16 games.
- The Bears have now won 29 conference games over last six years under Jeff Tedford - the second-most in the league.
- Jeff Tedford improved to 18-5 all-time in games played in the month of September, including eight straight dating back to Sept. 9, 2006.
- Cal's two touchdowns in the first 6:31 [8:29 on the game clock] of the game is the fastest that Cal has two touchdowns in a game since it scored two touchdowns at UCLA on Oct. 8, 2005 in the first two minutes and 32 seconds of the game.
- Cal had 14 penalties in the game today, the most in the Jeff Tedford era.
- Cal's defense has now forced and recovered a fumble in all four games this season ... Thomas DeCoud recorded his first career forced fumble, sack and interception in the first half ... [Tyson Alualu scooped up the fumble for the 4-yard touchdown].
- Cal tied a record with 28 first quarter points [tied for third-most ever, tied for second-most ever in a first quarter] ... the Bears also tied a record for most points in a quarter against a Pac-10 team [28 vs. Arizona State, Sept. 23, 2006].
- Justin Forsett scored a rushing touchdown for the fifth consecutive game [dating back to last year's Holiday Bowl] in the first quarter to give Cal a 7-0 lead ... Forsett finished with 117 and two touchdowns [his third 100-yard rushing game in the season, fourth in a row dating back to last year] ... ninth 100-yard rushing effort of his career in nine career starts.
- Cameron Morrah recorded a career-long 49-yard reception in the first quarter.
- Lavelle Hawkins has scored a touchdown [reception or kick-off] in six of his last seven games dating back to last season, after his first quarter touchdown reception today.
- Freshman Jahvid Best scored his third touchdown of the season [second via rushing].
- Brandon Hampton recorded an interception for the second straight week after picking off Willie Tuitama in the second quarter [fifth career interception].
- Robert Jordan extended his consecutive reception game streak to 34 after his second quarter grab ... Jordan needs two more games with a reception to tie Brian Treggs (1988-1991).