Cal-Washington State Notes
Nov. 3, 2007
- With Justin Forsett going over 1,000 career yards rushing (1,005), Cal produced its sixth straight season with a 1000-yard rusher (every season under Tedford).
- Cal's win over Washington State was the 22nd victory in its last 25 home games.
- The game attendance of 55,711 marked the 23rd straight home game with over 50,000 fans (every home game over the last four years).
- Cal donned its alternate gold uniforms tonight, marking the fifth time Cal has done so (Oregon, UCLA, Texas A&M in 2006, and Tennessee this season) ... Cal is a perfect 5-0 when wearing the alternates.
- Justin Forsett rushed for 132 yards and two touchdowns on 32 carries tonight ... with his performance tonight he surpasses 1,000 yards for the season (1,005) ... Forsett scored his first rushing touchdown since the Oregon State contest in the first quarter (two for the game) ... he now has 12 rushing touchdowns on the season, tied for sixth-most for a season in program history ... his 23 career rushing touchdowns are the fourth-most in school history ... Forsett now has six 100-yard rushing game this season and 12 100-yard rushing games in his career ... Forsett also moved into sixth place on Cal's all-time rushing list with 2,679 yards (moves past J.J. Arrington).
- Cal put together its two longest scoring drives of the season (20 plays, 91 yards, 10:22) in the second quarter, resulting in a field goal and 17 plays, 80 yards, 7:56 on its first drive in the first quarter (resulting in a touchdown) ... Cal was also a perfect 5-for-5 in third down conversions in that first quarter drive.
- Robert Jordan hauled in a reception on Cal's opening drive in the first quarter, marking the 38th straight game with a least one reception for the senior.
- DeSean Jackson had a pair of receptions on Cal's opening drive as well, marking the 25th straight game that he has caught a pass ... Jackson also moved to No. 5 all-time at Cal in career receiving yards (2247).
- Syd'Quan Thompson registered his first interception of the season in the second quarter.
- Worrell Williams registered his third forced fumble of the season in the third quarter.
- Michael Mohamed recorded his second pass break of the season in the fourth quarter.
- Cal decidedly won the time-of-possession battle tonight, holding onto the ball for a season-best 37:27 tonight.