Postgame Notes: California at UCLA
Today's victory secured the 21st 20-win season in program history. Head coach guided his team to 20 wins for the 20th time in his career.Mike Montgomery Montgomery is the first coach in program histor
By Cal Athletics on Sat, February 11, 2012
Feb. 11, 2012
- Today's victory secured the 21st 20-win season in program history.
- Head coach guided his team to 20 wins for the 20th time in his career.Mike Montgomery
- Montgomery is the first coach in program history to reach 20 wins in three of his first four seasons at Cal.
- At 20-6, Cal is off to its best start since it was 21-6 in 2001-02.
- The Golden Bears swept the regular-season series against for the first time since 1993-94.
- Cal's win over the Bruins secured the team's first four-game regular-season sweep of both UCLA and USC since 1958-59.
- The Bears held their opponent to under 40-percent shooting for the 15th time, this season. Cal out-shot UCLA, 51.9 percent to 39.7 percent. Cal is 20-0 when it out-shoots its opponent.
- Senior F Harper Kamp became Cal's 41st 1,000-point scorer in the first three minutes of the game when he sank his first jump shot. He finished the game with 10 points to move into 40th for all-time career points at Cal with 1,009.
- Kamp also grabbed seven rebounds to push his career total to 502 and making him the 18th player in program history to record 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez had 13 points to move into a 28th-place tie with Butch Hays (1981-84) for all-time career points at Cal.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe registered his 22nd double-digit scoring game of the year; the 42nd of his career.