Postgame Notes: Cal-Arizona
By Cal Athletics on Sun, February 02, 2014
- With the 60-58 victory over No. 1 Arizona, Cal earned its first win over a top-ranked team at Haas Pavilion.
- Cal now owns a 3-24 all-time record against No. 1 teams in the Associated Press poll. The Golden Bears’ two previous victories over top-ranked teams came on Jan. 30, 1994 in an 85-70 victory over UCLA at the Oakland Coliseum and Jan. 17, 1960 in a 77-69 win over Cincinnati in the 1960 Final Four National Semifinal game at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, Calif.
- Cal’s win broke a three-game losing streak as the Bears improve to 15-7 overall and 6-3 in the Pac-12.
- The Bears are 2-1 against ranked opponents this season.
- Cal is now 10-0 on the Pac-12 Networks
- The Bears are now 17-23 in home games against the Wildcats. Arizona owns a 56-30 advantage in the all-time series with Cal.
- This is Cal’s first win against Arizona in Berkeley in three meetings. Arizona won the last two meetings in Haas, 78-74 in 2012 and 107-105 in triple overtime in 2011.
- Cal is 11-1 in Haas Pavilion this season.
- Arizona’s 29 points in the first half is the third-lowest number of first-half points for the Wildcats this season. Drexel held Arizona to 20 and Washington State held Arizona to 28.
- Four players scored in double figures: Justin Cobbs (19), Tyrone Wallace (11), David Kravish (14) and Ricahrd Solomon (12)
- Starters – Solomon (forward), Kravish (forward), Cobbs (guard), Wallace (guard), Mathews (guard)
- Attendance: 11,877
Junior Forward David Kravish
- Recorded his fifth double-double this season and seventh double-double of his career with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Registered a career-high four assists. His previous high was three assists, logged five times.
Senior Forward Richard Solomon
- Matched a career-high three steals, marking the fifth time this season and seventh time in his career.
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
- Scored the game-winning points with a jumper with one second remaining on the clock.