|High School:||Cairo American College|
Inside the Lair feature - Farida Osman: A Pioneer in Egyptian Swimming
- Had an active meet at the 2013 FINA World Championships representing Egypt. Reached the final of the 50m fly, finishing seventh in 26.17, and set an African record in the semifinals with a time of 26.12; also 24th in the 100m fly (59.85) and 40th in the 100m free (56.84)
- At the 2010 FINA World Short-Course Championships, took 41sth in the 100m free (57.34), 43rd in the 50m back (30.49), 33rd in the 50m fly (27.48), 42nd in the 100m fly (1:02.15) and 46th in the 100m IM (1:07.52)
- Won a gold medal in the 50m fly with a meet-record time of 26.69 among her 11 swims at the 2011 World Junior Swimming Championships in Lima, Peru, becoming the first Egyptian woman to win a gold medal at the meet.
- Competed at the Mediterranean Games in Turkey in 2013
- Set International Schools Sports Tournament records in 50m, 100m, and 200m free and 100m fly
- Egyptian national record holder in 50m and 100m free and fly
- Was the only Egyptian female swimmer to qualify and compete at the 2012 London Olympics, placing 41st in the 50m free with a time of 26.34
- Entered the 2014-15 season ranked eighth in the 50 free (22.11) and the 100 fly (51.78) on Cal’s all-time lists
- Post Cal’s second-fastest times in the 50 free and 100 fly in 2013-14
- At the 2014 NCAA Championships, swam anchor on Cal’s second-place 200 free relay as well as on the Bears’ third-place 400 free relay; individually, reached the 100 fly final, placing eighth in 52.25, and just missed scoring in the 50 free with a 17th-place performance in prelims (22.20)
- At the Pac-12 meet, took fourth in the 50 free (22.11), won the B final of the 100 fly (52.36) and was 10th in the 100 free (48.38)
- Earned the team’s Most Improved award for 2014
- Undeclared major
- Born on Jan. 18, 1995 in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Parents are Randa Elsalawy and Hisham Osman. Both parents are dentists and graduated from IUPUI in Indianapolis.
- Her brother, Ahmed, graduated from Cal in 2013 with a degree in industrial engineering