- Made a big impact for the Bears in 2014-15, contributing in both the freestyle and butterfly.
- Competed in three individual events (200 freestyle, 200 butterfly, 500 freestyle) as well as Cal's top 800 freestyle relay team at the 2015 NCAA Championships.
- 2015 Pac-12 champion in the 200 butterfly also placed second in the 200 freestyle and third in the 800 freestyle relay at the conference meet.
- Was a member of Mexico 2013 National World Championships Team and competed in Barcelona, swimming the 200m free.
- Holds 10 México national age group records after joining Mexico swimming federation in 2011
High School Success:
- Swam at Brighton High School and holds the Utah high school record in the 100 and 200 Freestyle, 100 Butterfly, 400 Freestyle Relay and 200 Medley Relay.
- Was named Utah high school swimmer of the year for three straight years .
- Was a 16-time High School All-American .
- Currently holds a total of 50 individual Utah swimming records: three high school records, 28 short course records and 19 long course records.
- Parents are Alejandro and Haiying Gutierrez .
- Undeclared major with an interest in Integrative Biology / Bio-engineering.
- Born February 23, 1995, in Mexico City , Mexico.
100 Free 44.58
200 Free 1:33.34
100 Fly 46.54
200 Fly 1:43.22
100 Free 51.7
200 Free 1:52.08
100 Fly 55.16
200 Fly 2:02.92