What the Coaches Are Saying:
• Very tough, feisty, fast competitor and defender
• As she becomes more confident in her understanding of the Cal system, she will be an integral player for the Bears
As a Junior (2012):
• Took the field during 20 games and made 16 starts
• Saw time in 15 games, making five starts
• Named a Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention
• Earned a spot on the Hawaii All-Tournament Team
• Played in 10 games, starting three
• Took one shot
As a True Freshman (2009):
• Redshirted after suffering an injury in training camp
• Earned four varsity letters at San Ramon Valley High School, was co-captain in 2009 and led the quad to four consecutive NCS championships from 2006-09
• Was selected to the national select team Super Y ODP in 2006 and attended 2005 ODP team camp as well as the 2007 Nike Premier 50 National Camp
• Has been playing with her club team, the Mustang Mavericks out of Danville, since 1999 and has been the club's co-captain since 2004, helping the squad to four Northern California State Championships (2002, '05, '07, '08) Co-Captain, Mustang Mavericks club team, 2004 - 2009
• Led club team, Mustang Mavericks to 3 state cup championships (2003, 2007, 2008) and 1 Surf Cup championship (2008) and the team was Far West Regional Spring League Champions in 2008 and quarterfinalists in 2005 and from 2007-08
• Four-time winner of Renaissance Leadership Award, given for the student with the best GPA and varsity sport participation
• ESPN RISE Winter Girls' Soccer All-America First Team in 2009, named NSCAA All American and ESPN RISA All-Area team in 2008, All-East Bay Athletic League from 2007-09
• Surf Cup MVP as a U17 (2007)
• 2009 Danville Rotary Athlete of the Year, and San Ramon Valley High School Athlete of the Year
Amanda Glass off the Pitch:
Full Name: Amanda Megan Glass
Nickname(s): Manda, Manders, Bobo, Cherry Pie
I Chose Cal because...I immediately fell in love with the campus, and I really liked all the girls on the team.Cal is an amazing school academically, and I also wanted to be close to home.
My favorite thing about Berkeley is...there are so many delicious restaurants and the shopping is great!
Something on my iPod that might surprise you is...Miley Cyrus - my sister and I love listening to her.
When I'm upset, I like to...go in my room and listen to music.
I get mad when I miss these TV shows: "90210," "One Tree Hill"
Cal is better than other schools because...we have a ton of spirit, and I love the diversity.
Something I learned from my parents is...always be yourself and everything happens for a reason.
If I wasn't a soccer player, I would be...a volleyball player.However I've never played and I'm not tall.
What is one thing about your hometown that you miss? My room! And my dogs - Cooper, Riley and Barney.