What Coaches Are Saying:
• Tireless worker in the midfield
• Very simple yet effective player
• Has a tremendous engine
• Will show great leadership with her international experience
• Took the field in all 22 games for the Bears, starting in 21 of them
• Had six goals on the season, and assisted another five
• Was a Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention
• First Team NSCAA Scholar All-American
• First Team Pac-12 All- Conference
As a Junior (2011):
• Played in all 22 matches with 18 starts in the midfield
• Second-Team All-Pac-12 selection
• Third Team NSCAA Scholar All-American
• Recorded three assists on the season (vs. North Dakota State and in back-to-back conference wins against Utah and at Oregon)
• Played for New Zealand in the 2012 Olympic Games where she saw action in all three contests with two starts.
• One of a school-record thirteen Bears named to the 2011 Pac-12 All-Academic team
• Played in 15 games, starting 11
• Was the sole Bear on the Pac-10 all-academic second team
• Scored Cal's goal against Duke in the NCAA Tournament game
• Played in the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup with New Zealand, seeing time in all three games
As a Freshman (2009):
• Played in five games
• Notched a shot versus Nevada
• Played in the Under-20 World Cup over the summer
• Member of the New Zealand squad in 2008 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup
• Played in all three group games including a 4-3 win over host Chile a 1-1 draw with England and a 3-2 loss to Nigeria
• Hassett debuted with the senior national team in a 1-0 win over Argentina on June 16, 2008
• Surfs, snowboards, wakeboards and skates down smooth concrete hills
Betsy Hassett off the Pitch:
Full Name: Betsy Doon Hassett
Nickname(s): Betty, BetsG, Kiwi
I Chose Cal because...I wanted to play soccer in America and Cal is amazing.
My favorite thing about Berkeley is...Yogurtland.
When I'm upset, I like to...go on an adventure and do something outrageous.
I get mad when I miss this TV show: "Outrageous Fortune"
Cal is better than other schools because...we have the coolest colors and the coolest people.
Something I learned from my parents is...to not chew with my mouth open.
If I wasn't a soccer player, I would be...a pro surfer in the summer and pro snowboarder in the winter.
What is one thing about your hometown that you miss? Piha, my favorite beach and Titibabs AKA the eatery Titirangi Kebabs.