Nestled in Strawberry Canyon, Witter Rugby Field is the home of Cal varsity rugby - the most successful collegiate program in the country with 26 national collegiate championships.
A $2 million facility built in 1995, Witter Rugby Field is a dedicated rugby facility with electronic scoreboard on the east and west ends, towering goalposts and permanent kicking nets.
Next to the field is the Doc Hudson Memorial Field House, which holds the rugby offices, as well as a room adorned with Cal and U.S. rugby memorabilia - featuring pictures that follow the history of Cal rugby. Hudson, one of the greatest rugby coaches in U.S. history, compiled a 339-84-23 record during his 36 years as Cal's rugby coach from 1938-74.
Gates open approximately 1 prior to match start time. The main entrance is located on the north end of Witter Rugby Field.
Re-Entry into Witter Rugby Field is not permitted.
For the safety and comfort of our guests, players and staff, the following items are prohibited inside Witter Rugby Field:
- Bags larger than 14”x14”x 6”
- Glass Bottles & Cans
- Hard Plastic Containers
- Unsealed Beverages
- Signs & Banners
- Hard Fruit (unless cut into small pieces)
- Sunflower seeds & Peanut shells
- Video Cameras
- Professional Cameras (any cameras with lenses larger than 3 inches in length)
- Hard Coolers
- Animals (with exception of Service Animals)
CODE OF CONDUCT
Cal Athletics is committed to serving our fans by providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable gameday experience. Our Fan Code of Conduct has been established to ensure that your experience is consistent with our commitment. Failure to follow this code will result in ejection from the facility, revocation of ticket privileges and/or arrest.
The following actions are prohibited:
- Any action that disrupts other guests' enjoyment of the game
- Possession of any item listed on the "Prohibited Items List"
- Use of foul, abusive, or obscene language or gestures
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Intoxication or signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug use
- Fans that appear to be inebriated and unmanageable will not be permitted admittance into the venue and may be subject to arrest.
- Failure to follow the directions of law enforcement or stadium management
- Sitting in a seat other than one's ticketed seat location
- Engaging in action that causes a disruption or interferes with the game
- Refusal to remove clothing deemed offensive or obscene
- Smoking and/or tobacco use